Unit 9 Project
Introduction
This paper is intended to expound upon the skills and knowledge that I have learned over the past 8 weeks in Integral Health. I also intend to elaborate upon my weakness and what type of goals I have in order to become successful in such an important aspect of human health.
I feel that it is very important for me as a health care professional to master the skills of psychological, spiritually and physical health. The reason being, in my opinion, is that if I have self awareness and practice, I will become a stronger health care professional and offer a greater support to the population of people that I serve. I have learned how the mind, body and spirit work as one unit in order to create a stronger and better me. I one aspect is weak or need work then the entire unit is subject to weaken. This will leave room for the inability to cope with stress in a healthy way, illnesses, lack of exercise and the inability to thrive.
Assessment
Upon entering this class I had issues in each domain that I feel built upon my issue of anxiety. I am very anxious by nature and I could never cope with stress well. I would worry about everything and there was never enough time in the day to accomplish what needed to be accomplished. As I began to learn the factors that could help me become better in integral health, I started to practice them in my everyday life. Psychologically I have the issue of anxiety and biologically it became so much of a burden that I started to develop irritable bowel syndrome, which is classic for people with anxiety. Spiritually, I began to pray and utilize the skills that I was learning in class such as meditation, prayer, exercise, loving-kindness and practicing the subtle mind.
Goal Development
My physical goal is to decrease my anxiety to the point that I no longer have biological symptoms such as the irritable bowel syndrome. Spiritually, I would like to have so much faith in the higher power that I am able to take my problems to Him in prayer and believe that He will make a difference in my life.
Practice for Personal Health
The biggest strategy that I can foster is meditation so fully that I develop the subtle mind. I want to be able to look at the positive in everyone, exercise the practice of mindfulness and develop a better relationship with God through meditation, prayer and a positive outlook on life. I believe that if I continue to work on these skills I will have fewer symptoms, have more energy to exercise, and ultimately feel better.
One of my biggest challenges of implementation was the act of loving kindness. There were so many instances in my life that I would help people and they either did not appreciate it or I felt used. This class has helped me to do good to others regardless of the outcome. Through the practices of learned in this class, I have been able to get a good handle on this concept and use it in my everyday life.
Commitment
Over the next six months I intend to continue to practice the skills and knowledge that I have learned in this class. As I continue to master these skills, I intend to share these skills with my professional clients, patients, family and friends. I feel that if I can help someone become a better person, feel better about themselves, decrease illnesses and disease processes and become happier overall, then it is worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment