Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Unit 6 Loving Kindness (Meditation) Exercise
Let me first start by stating that this class has helped me in a variety of ways. I have always felt that spiritual and biological aspects worked together, but now I have the tools to put it in use. Meditation and the ability to relax was a big challenge for me because I am anxious by nature. As I learned to relax, and clear my mind, I was able to connect with all of the attributes that was going to make me a better person. I have learned to truly experience loving kindness without fear of helping others who may not appreciate my help. I learn that it is good to be good. Even if there are negative behaviors from others, I have learned to turn it into something positive. It is the behavior that is negative and not the person. As I continue to approach the still calmness of my mind, I saw that my physical issues had decreased considerably. Especially with the long term issue of irritable bowel syndrome. I have the motivation to pray more, have more faith, eat better, exercise and this has truly made me a happier person. I must admit that I fall off of the wagon sometimes but I know as I continue to practice and stay motivated, I will obtain my long term goal. I have been practicing on the mindless approach to listening. I try hard to focus on the 'present' of someone's conversation without bias or judgement. I do not allow my mind to wander off to past or future endevours. (Now that is hard work). I am really feeling accomplished because I can feel myself growing. Let me say lastly, that in the beginning I felt that these exercises were to long, but I now realize that it was the anxiety in me. I was not allowing myself to relax I should. I am truly moving "In the Right Direction."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think it is wonderful that you have had a breakthrough! Knowing meditation is a good way to relax, it actually made me tense in the beginning. I felt awkward and self-conscious, but know it is something I make a point to work on with great frequency. Congratulations to you for the success you have received so far and best of luck moving forward.
ReplyDeleteI think the classes are progressionary in regards to, by degrees, gaining power, light and understanding. I love the class all together and find it so closely tied to my religious beliefs, experiences and philosophies, everything is truly integrated for me, into one big whole at this point. I wanted to throw something out there regarding the IBS that you are experiencing.. I just wonder if it could be triggered by food allergies.. I was allergic to/ or reactionary to refined white sugar, it it was in my system at all, I would cramp up and be very ill... I get similar reactions to carbonated sodas (regular or diet).. some people react to dairy products... or eggs... you might want to experiment and see if you have any food or drink triggers.. just some ideas to go on...
ReplyDelete