Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Unit 5 Subtle Mind

I enjoyed both exercises but I must admit that I did find that the subtle mind exercise came just a little easier for me.  Being able to get to that relaxed state is a true accomplishment.  I was able to get there without the same fear and uneasiness as the lovingkindness exercise made me feel.  In my opinion, with the loving kindness there has to be a lot of trust.  To put yourself out there for others not knowing what the response will be is very frightening.  I guess it is how we choose to handle the response that really matters.  I have learned a lot of valuable things in this class that I feel is turning me into a better person.  One thing that I am truly convinced upon is that the biological and mental work hand in hand.  There is no way to be healthy in one without the other and vice versa.  Enhancing the mind-body-spirit will make the person complete.  That is my long term goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment