Saturday, May 28, 2011

Final Blog Unit 10

I have felt tremendous growth since I enrolled in this class.  This was an elective for me and I chose this class as opposed to the others because I felt that there were other ways to health and healing other than a pill alone.   I feel so empowered now that I have approached the end of  this class. 

When we first started this class I gave myself sevens as it related to spiritual, psychological and physical aspects.  Now I can say that I give myself a nine in each catagory.  I have learned how important it is to exihibit the practice of loving kindness and mindful behavior.  I must admit that I had to work really hard in order to make the change in some of the practices.  Meditation is very important aspect to integral health.  Prayer should be encorporated as well. 

I realized that if I become stronger spiritually, it will empower me to become stronger psychologically.  This way I will not be prone to worry and stress over things that I can not change.  I will then be more apt to exercise, practice mindfulness and become happier.  Once I am happier, I will be less likely to devolop psychosomatic biological issues. 

The exercises learned from the class will make me a better person and the end result will be a happier person.

3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I agree with you practicing all of these steps will definetely will make you stronger spiritually. It is a struggle in trying to motivate yourself to keep repeating this discipline, but as time keeps passing it will become part of your living. It will be just like breathing the air that we need to survive on this earth. I also been doing certain things that makes me feel close to my emotions and the world and that is watching certain tv programs that tend to trigguer those emotions. I personally have enjoyed seeing the programs The Ghost Whisperer, Extreme Home Makeover, The Oprah Finale Show. These programs makes me connect with people and makes me happy that there are people helping, teaching and embracing all what we know that consist of life. Take care and the best of luck. Jose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know for me that the spiritual and the psychological are so closely linked that you can hardly distinguish one from the other.

    I wish you the best, you have been a great asset to this class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am proof postive that following the concepts and teachings we have been taught will add strength, balance and character as well as healing to our lives.... and the more that we share it, the more that it will grow...

    ReplyDelete