Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Meeting Asciepius/"One Cannot Lead Another Where One Has Not Gone Himself"

As I meditated through this exercise the person that came to my mind in my former Bishop, who died 4 years ago.  He was such a gentle, loving and easy spirited man.  He would always have a smile on his face and always sought to find the good in every person.  He would have the saying "Life Can Be Beautiful" and I am finding this to be true.  I have strived over the years to change my outlook on life and on people.  I have strived to believe and see that there is good in every individual.  As I gain more spiritual awarness and comfort in the higher power, I strive everyday through his words, actions and now the techniques that I have been learning to become more complete and whole.  Guess what????? It is a beautiful feeling........

"One can not lead another where one has not gone himself", is one that a partially agree with.  I feel that it depends upon the circumstances.  Trying to teach someone the techniques on intergral health and the true development of mind, body and spirit may be hard if the person had never tried any of the mindful techniques or meditation practices.  How would know that the system really work?  On the other hand, however, there are some instances that we know are true.  For example, a cardiologist may teach a patient not to smoke although he is smoking.  He knows that it is not the right thing whether he is doing the right thing or not.  The right idea is to teach the patient the right way.  There may also be instances that good sound advice may be given although the person giving the advice has never walked that road before.  In my opinion, it just depends on the circumstances.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you had someone you could look up to and trust.... I found that the person that came to my mind was first Jesus Christ and then God, Our Heavenly Father... I chose to identify with and merge light and energy from God, it was a beautiful experience and the feelings have remained with me.

    ReplyDelete